Saturday, August 20, 2011

Interview with Luscious Latasha



They say great things come in small packages, well the same could be said for the lovely Ms Luscious Latasha. She stands at five foot even, but no one in their right mind would dare cross her. Recently Mr Main Event had the pleasure of catching up with her, and learning about her career in professional wrestling throughout the United States and Japan.
MEBD: How long have you been a wrestler
LL: I started training in sept 2003 and I debuted In feb 2004 so as of right now 7 years.
MEBD: When did you decide that this business was for you? 
LL: I went to a wrestling show in 97 and I told my grandmother (Nana) this was something I wanted to do! I was 7 years old go figure that I would actually stick to what I wanted at such a young age! Most people change their mind all the way up their mid 20s!
MEBD: Who were your favorite wrestlers growing up and what did you like about them?
LL: Growing up I was a fan of Shawn Michaels and Triple H. Shawn caught my eye when I was about 7 yrs old because he was stood out and was so entertaining!
MEBD: How did your friends and family react when you told them you were becoming a wrestler?
LL: They were supportive about it. My family has been behind my since day 1. When I told my Nana that I wanted to do this when I was a little kid she said if u feel that way when your older then go for it!
MEBD: What type of advice would you have for someone trying to get into the business? 
LL: It is a very difficult business. Take in everything you learn, and shut your mouth and listen! If it’s something you want to do you gotta try your hardest and not give up. It definitely isn’t for everyone!
MEBD: Who is your favorite person to work with and why? 
LL: I dont really have a favorite because I like to work with different women wrestlers and learn something from everyone, but I enjoy working with Barbie , without a doubt.
MEBD:What has been your favorite match that you have been in and why?
LL: One of my favorite matches was in 2005 I got to wrestle the great Luna Vachon! Best time of my life and so honored to get to work with her.
MEBD: Would you ever try out for tough enough?
LL: Umm yeah? I guess lol. A lot of my friends applied and what not but I didn’t really have a desire to apply.
MEBD: Where do you see your career going? 
LL: What a question! I see my career going as far as I’m willing to try and shoot for. Never did I think I would be able to come wrestle in Japan! And that is accomplished! Well see what else I can tackle along the way.
MEBD: So far what would you say has been the highlight of your career?
LL: My highlight would be wrestling in Japan for two months.. Hoping to be coming back here very soon.
MEBD: To my understanding, wrestling is a true sport in Japan, How would you prepare someone for the experience in Japan?
LL: Train hard! It’s different than the states for sure! Watch some wrestling as well to get a feel for what to expect. It’s a great time but different!
MEBD: What would you say you have learned the most from Japan?
LL: The different styles of wrestling. How they work in the ring. Im so lucky to get to work with different people from around the world. I got to train with some of the CMLL girls as well!
MEBD: The situation: Its WrestleMania and you are going for the WWE Divas title, who is your dream opponent?
LL: They have lost some good women in the past few years.. But if I could, I would love to take on Trish Stratus! She is amazing and has come a long way! For sure!
MEBD: Anything special you would like to say to your fans? 
LL: Thanks for taking the time and effort to reading this interview and hoping to gain more fans to support me in this business! You can be up to date with me or contact me on twitter.com/lusciouslatasha and facebook.com/lusciouslatasha without the fans a wrestler wouldnt be anything! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment